omg

After Being Hit With A Fireball, Desperate Mom Warns Parents Not To Cook While Holding Babies

By  | 

Molly Landis is a hardworking mom, and like any moms know, life becomes all about multitasking when you’re raising a family.

And for Landis, that meant her hands-free wrap carrier, also known as a baby sling, was a lifesaver.

But as Landis learned, sometimes it’slack of presence would be the real lifesaver.

Landis’ daughter is only four weeks old, and because she’s so young and tiny, she needs to be with her mom nearly all the time.

But that means that Landis can usually be found with the baby snuggled up in the wrap carrier at all hours of the day, and in any room of the house, or beyond.

And it meant she wore the baby while she did various chores, like folding clothes, sorting the mail, and working on the computer.

And while cooking.

We always think that we take the proper precautions, but sometimes, especially when we’re stressed and overworked, we don’t realize that the biggest dangers might be right in front of us until something terrifying happens.

While Landis was cooking, one of the burners on her stove exploded, sending a ball of fire into her face and chest.

Luckily, this happened during one of the few times she wasn’t wearing her baby in the carrier, because the flames hit directly where the baby’s head would have been resting.

Now, Landis wants all other parents to be more conscious of where and when they’re wearing their baby wraps, and took to Facebook with a powerful message.

[H/T: Facebook / Molly Landis]

Molly Landis was cooking when the burner in her stove exploded, sending fire right into her face and chest right where her 4-week-old daughter’s head would have been resting had she been wearing her baby wrap carrier.

Her warning to other parents, posted on Facebook, has since gone viral and it’s something every mom, dad, and grandparent should read:

I don’t normally post this kind of stuff or personal information but after sharing this story with close friends I am urged to share this story,” she wrote on Facebook.

On Tuesday I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest.

“This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest.

Yes, this is horrible and painful, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am.

“As a new mom, I often wear my sweet 4-week-old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe).

The worst of my burns is to my chest exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier.

“The point of my message is to please be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies!

“Since this happened I have had so many moms say ‘OMG, I do that all the time.‘”

On this particular night, a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby, because for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen.

“We never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn’t near the explosion.

Plenty of commenters turned out to with Landis a speedy recovery and to express their gratefulness that her daughter wasn’t injured. Landisis expected to recovery fully.

Many also thanked her for sharing her story. After all, thanks to a warning like Landis’, other moms and babies might be spared pain, injury, and tragedy thanks to paying attention to what they’re doing while holding their baby, and remembering to put the baby down before approaching a hot stove or oven.

If you know anyone who loves to hold their baby all the time, make sure to SHARE this warning with them to keep everyone safe!

Read more: http://littlethings.com/

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.


We use Google Tag Manager to monitor our traffic and to help us AB test new features.

Decline all Services
Accept all Services