news

Son Is In Pain For 37 Days When Doctors Dont Notice Penny Stuck In His Throat

By  | 

When 8-month-old E.J. became ill, no one could figure out why. His mother, Samantha Knox, was devastated. E.J. began to develop a high fever and a rash on his stomach.

Knox says he was “listless and withdrawn.”

For 37 days, doctors insisted that E.J. had a viral infection. After numerous visits to pediatricians and urgent care, Knox always got the same explanation, but E.J. wasn’t getting any better

It was heart-wrenching to watch my son completely suffer, Knoxsaid.

Finally, doctors discovered the real problem: There was a penny lodged in E.J.’s throat. The mother has no idea how her son ended up swallowing the penny. It wasn’t good news, but Knox was relieved to have an explanation. The penny was steadily poisoning E.J. for the 37 days.

When they gave me the news, I immediately started crying, Knox said.

Knox believes doctors would have figured this out sooner if they had done their due diligence and taken X-rays. E.J. required surgery to have the penny removed but is doing quite well these days.He is back to his chipper, playful self. Knox now keeps the penny, which slowly became eroded in E.J.’s system, hidden away.

This very small object couldve potentially been the worst outcome for my son, Knox said.

The mother hopes that the medical bills will be forgiven since ultimately they accrued due to the ongoing misdiagnosis.

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.


We use Google Tag Manager to monitor our traffic and to help us AB test new features.

Decline all Services
Accept all Services